Friday, December 29, 2006

Giving SL a try...or...Life in a new world

Well, one day I got a notion to try out something I had heard about online and so began my second life. I wasn't really sure about the whole process and to tell the truth, I was getting my poor laptop in way over its head. You see, I had been blogging and surfing the net for a good amount of time, and chat just wasn't doing it for me. I wanted something I could see. So when I got my fresh new laptop, I decided I would look for something more. I found a few different options, but didn't really want something that looked like I was playing on an old gaming system, I wanted a decent looking game. My DH (Hubb will be his tag) played other games and since we had just upgraded to a higher connection, he bought a good online game. I felt it was my turn to find something I liked. So I found SL.

Now when I started out, it wasn't everything I wanted from it. I wasn't challenged, but thankfully I didn't have to fight any sort of Boss, to keep playing. I sat at a very laggy club on a dance pad to earn enough to buy my first avatar. You see, I learned about SL from the furry community, which I had been a part of for quite a while. So my first inclination was to find a good furry avatar, since the freebies were all so cartoony. I tried to modify one of them and ended up with something decent, but ended up buying a flexi tail first off and using a freebie pair of ears. I wore a skin I picked up for free and used one of the body tattoos for the face. It was definitely an interesting look, but not one I'd go back to.

I learned that working my butt off in a camping chair or on a dance pad was just not going to do it for me. So I started to ramble about, and believe me, I didn't even touch a quarter of the map, but I did manage to find some fun places that were not as laggy as my first stop. I learned quickly to make a landmark, because I have lost many a place that I really wanted to get back to. I found some free textures, and started to play with the appearance tools. I managed to make a couple of cute outfits and didn't feel like such a newbie.

Finally after camping forever and making a little extra from some stingy sploader machines, I made enough for my first avatar. I had done my research, though not as much as I thought, since later on I found so many more, and I purchased it. I wore it proudly.

After that it was all about getting good clothing to start winning contests. I found the club I now work at, and started winning a couple. I was hooked.

So now I have progressed passed the first avatar I bought and have become a shape shifter. I have 5 or 6 that I use on average, but even those evolve as I find new items I fall in love with.

So that's my start out in the crazy world of SL. I love to take pictures of the new places I find, or of the fun things that happen, and I will share them all here. So if your looking for something interesting to do, feel free to check back here. I will always ramble and be happy to share what I've found. Also, I will share the madness of land ownership, starting an sl business, and club life.

If you've read this far, You are a trooper! Most posts won't be this long, unless I really need to get something off my chest, or find a place thats really noteworthy.

Live, Love, LOL, and always Have Fun!

No comments: